Our Specialized Experienced team of Doctors is here to take care for you
Ms. Kimberly Nelson
Kimberly is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) with experience in a range of clinical areas. She is passionate about working with women and children (and their families) to facilitate positive relationships with food and help develop healthy lifestyle habits.
As both a paediatric and adult Dietitian, Kimberly is able to help with a range of common nutritional concerns to ensure you or your child receive the nutrition you need.
Kimberly is qualified in the Non-Diet Approach where weight and restrictive eating (dieting) are not the focus. This approach accepts and respects body diversity and focuses on internal body cues (like hunger and fullness), self-care and a positive relationship towards oneself and food to help form healthy lifestyle habits.
Kimberly can help with:
- Children’s Health – e.g. fussy or picky eating, failure to thrive, introduction of solids to
infants and new foods to young children and the SOS (Sensory Oral Sequential) Approach to
Eating (completing 4 day training next month)
- Women’s Health –e.g. PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and gestational diabetes
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Food allergies and intolerances e.g. FODMAPS, lactose and fructose intolerance
- Gastrointestinal disorders – e.g. IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and Coeliac disease
- Management of chronic diseases – e.g. diabetes and cardiac conditions